Top 6 Reasons To Do A Digital Detox
What is Digital detox?? What is the benefit of doing a Digital Detox? Here are the lists of top 6 reasons on why to do a digital detox and to give you motivation if and when you do decide to switch off. If you’re curious about the benefits a digital detox can bring you at work and for work-life balance, these tips are for you.
After reading this, the first question arises in everyone’s mind is that What Digital detox actually is??
So What is Digital detox??
Digital detox refers to a period of time during which a person stay away from using electronic gadgets/devices such as mobile phones and computers. It is termed as an opportunity to reduce stress, focus more on social interaction rather than social media and connection with nature in the physical world Claimed benefits include increased mindfulness, lowered anxiety, and an overall better appreciation of one’s environment. It is nothing but a way in which people are exploring these ideas is through something called a “digital detox”. If you haven’t heard it before, it is a period of time during which a person refrains from using electronics gadgets. https://preetystyle.com/here-is-why-digital-detox-is-necessary/
Here is some negative impact Digital detox.
As day by day the use of electronic media is increasing
we’ve forgotten to:
1. To take a step back from technology now and again.
2. To read. To walk. To sing. To dance. To do whatever it is that you want time for.
3. To have some time for yourself.
4. To remember how to be human.
5. To know that you’re not going to be interrupted by a beeping, pinging, buzzing phone just for once. To see what that does to how you think, what you spend your time doing, and how you relax.
6. To sleep. To breathe.
Why it is necessary to do digital detox??
We’re spending more time on our digital devices than spending time for our self. We’ve forgotten to take care of our self or self-perpetuation. So here is my one of my favorite article on self-care.https://preetystyle.com/a-guide-to-self-perpetuation-or-self-care/ With each of our incoming texts, emails, calls, and push notifications, it’s rare that we don’t want to see, or if our screens stay dark for more than a moment.
While there’s no doubt that technology has made our lives easier in many ways than that of we think. With the increasing use of modern technology, today’s generation is so much addicted to digital devices that with “Every new notification or text triggers on our gadgets, then the release of dopamine, a neurotransmitter that drives us to seek that notification.
How to stay away from such notifications??
To stay away from such notifications and to cut back on your digital dependency, the first thing you should to is to turn off your phone’s push notifications for social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, whatsapp, Twitter, Pinterest, news sites, dating apps etc, or anything that sends an alert when someone call you or likes a post. Starting with one or two, set a specific time of day to check each and a time limit for how long you’ll spend on the site. This will definitely show in some improvements!!
Below are the top 6 reasons to do a digital detox.
- To sleep better: According to research and doctors, the recommended time of sleep is at least seven hours. They recommend us to sleep at least 7 to 8 hours per day. But with the growing use of mobile phones, the person cannot sleep properly and have less sleep time. This can cause a serious health issue such as a headache, stress, mental stress, dizziness, etc. Lack of sleep can cause multiple health issues, including increased risk of mental distress and heart disease. If you’re answering emails on your phone before switching off the lights, though, it’s unlikely you’ll sleep well.
- Your Eye needs rest: According to research, excessive use of mobile phones can damage your eye. Prolonged use of the electronic device can lead to computer vision syndrome. Symptoms include dry eyes, blurred vision, headaches, and eyestrain also. And since 68% of people own a smartphone and 45% own a tablet, there’s a good chance of even non-office employees are suffering. Whether you work at a computer all day or like to scroll through social media newsfeed on a handheld device such as your smartphone.
3. Helps you to reconnect you from your family and friends: When we choose to see what’s going on in the digital world from our mobiles phones provide rather than enjoying time with those around us, it takes away from what’s most important in our real life. You get connected to the digital world or reel world but you get disconnected from the real world, which is our family and friends, and the peoples that surround us. Now I think you’ve understood what I’m trying to say. So spend most of your time with your family, friends, relatives rather than on your Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram. Here I’m not telling you to stay away from your mobile because we all know today it has become a part of our lives and we cannot imagine our life without mobile phones. What I’m trying to say is that by opting for digital detox for some period of time will bring you closer towards your family and friend and definitely everyone should do it.
4. To increase your productivity/output: There is a true saying that, People who focus on several things at once are less productive than those who pay attention to just one thing at a time. By going on a digital detox, we’re giving ourselves the opportunity to refocus on what we’re actually supposed to be working on. By removing distractions like social media, we can produce more, gain more.
5. Real life is real and not the digital one: Don’t let social media and technology dictate and handle your life; as one should always live their real life, the way you want. Design your own life, and live according to it.
6. Become more creative: Inspiration should rise once again as it has been disappeared in this glamorous digital world. People who’re more on social media are really less creative according to me than those who are not. During the period of digital detox, it’s time to remember what it feels like to accomplish something, to dream outside of the box, and to chase the life you actually get to live. So definitely it is the top reason to opt for digital detox and give yourself a chance to explore yourself and make benefit of yourself fully. https://preetystyle.com/here-is-why-one-should-be-always-be-upgraded-in-life/